It is on my list of "Things To Do" to send Michael my list of student names and login IDs so that I can begin trying out Google Docs with sixth and seventh (and maybe eighth) graders. I have used Google Docs in the past for collaborative work with colleagues (like grant writing), but I have not yet used this tool with students. As a middle school computer teacher, I am fortunate to be able to design the curriculum, and I will surely utilize many of the Google applications available. There are students who don't quite understand where they're saving documents (on the school computer, school network, 20space, etc), and I think that using Google Docs will help with a home/school connection.
Oh yeah, I made one of the google spreadsheets for a class survey. I will have a sixth grade class try it out tomorrow- it's linked on our class wiki: http://dccmiddletech.pbworks.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment