I'm a fan of NPR and receive the weekly podcast for This American Life. Since I usually miss the regular broadcast of Ira Glass' show, I play the podcast while I'm cooking in the kitchen or download it on my iPod to listen to during my commute. I'd like to try out some of the education ones soon...
Sixth grade students in my computer class are just wrapping up a unit on This I Believe, where they listened to podcast examples created by other kids, used Inspiration to map out their own values and memories, and then created interview podcasts with partners. I'm now in the assessment stage and have realized there are almost NINETY podcasts to listen to! I figure students can share some in class next week, and I'll try to be good about assessing those during class so that I can feasibly get through the rest. Students enjoyed using Audacity, and it really fit well with our school writing/speaking standards. I would like to try some of the curricular interview ideas listed with seventh graders too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment