WIKIs... just spent all morning setting up a class wiki for middle school students in all of my computer/ tech classes. The most time-consuming part was actually adding accounts because I see about 250 students! I've finished adding the sixth graders (and set up accounts to match their student numbers) and will try to get the seventh and eighth graders added soon. I'll probably start using the wiki for real quick classroom assignments, almost like a check-out/ ticket out for certain assignments. I imagine adding all of the content for assignments will be time-consuming as well, but I believe it will pay off in the long run.
Later... I just spent about an hour browsing through the Westwood School Wiki, mostly because I'm in a new teaching position and became intrigued to see what another computer teacher is doing. I've also been reading through Karl Fisch's blogs each time I open mine. Right now, even though I'm an experienced teacher, I feel like a new teacher- overwhelmed by new curriculum, a new school, and trying to keep up with everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment