Monday, September 14, 2009
Week 1, Thing 3
Cool! I just learned something new- I did not know about the advanced image search in Google to find images that are labeled for reuse. Tomorrow I will show that feature to my sixth grade classes, as students are learning to import images into Word. So, does this mean students do not need to cite the source if the image is available for reuse? I'm not sure, though I'll probably play it safe. Soon I will be teaching a unit on internet saftely, and copyright useage will be a pretty big part of that. I feel like I have a decent general understanding of Creative Commons, but I'm certainly not an expert on the details. Hopefully I'll have time to try out the quiz and maybe read through the Hawaii Pacific University article.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you learned something new! :-) Yes - you should always give credit to the creator,even with a creative commons license.
ReplyDelete