Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 8, Thing 19

Google Earth is a fun tool, and I will definitely show it to middle school students soon.  I'd like to find some sort of scavenger hunt for students to explore the program and learn some cool geography tips along the way.  There are certainly great ways to integrate Google Earth with existing curriculum, but I will most likely show the program in a more open-ended way and pose the question to students on how they can use Google Earth with their other classes.

Update- I did add a Google Tools project for the last couple weeks of first semester: students explored Google Earth & Sky, Google Sketchup (and 3D Warehouse), Google Picasa, various Google doodles, etc. and then created choice presentations on their discoveries (wiki, glog, google presentation).  This was a choice project, so only a few students from each class picked this one.  I will most likely incorporate this into my second semester curriculum for more students.

No comments:

Post a Comment